Phone: (617) 509-9822
Fax: (617) 859-9853
Katherine Yih, PhD, MPH
Dr. Yih is a biologist and epidemiologist with domestic and international experience in infectious disease surveillance and immunization. She works mainly on vaccine safety monitoring, formerly with the CDC-sponsored Vaccine Safety Datalink (VSD) Project and currently with the FDA-sponsored Post-licensure Rapid Immunization Safety Monitoring (PRISM) system, the latter a component of the Mini-Sentinel pilot project. In addition, she has coordinated infectious disease surveillance efforts using electronic-medical-record or laboratory data and space-time cluster detection methods.
Dr. Yih earned a PhD in biological sciences from the University of Michigan and a master of public health degree with a concentration in international health from the Harvard School of Public Health.
- Yih WK, Lieu TA, Kulldorff M, Martin D, McMahill-Walraven CN, Platt R, Selvam N, Selvan M, Lee GM, Nguyen M. Intussusception risk after rotavirus vaccination in U.S. infants. N Engl J Med. 2014 Feb 6;370(6):503-12. Epub 2014 Jan 14.
- Yih WK, Cocoros NM, Crockett M, Klompas M, Kruskal BA, Kulldorff M, Lazarus R, Madoff LC, Morrison MJ, Smole S, Platt R. Automated influenza-like illness reporting--an efficient adjunct to traditional sentinel surveillance. Public Health Rep. 2014 Jan-Feb;129(1):55-63.
- Yih WK, Lee GM, Lieu TA, Ball R, Kulldorff M, Rett M, Wahl PM, McMahill-Walraven CN, Platt R, Salmon DA. Surveillance for adverse events following receipt of pandemic 2009 H1N1 vaccine in the Post-Licensure Rapid Immunization Safety Monitoring (PRISM) System, 2009-2010. Am J Epidemiol. 2012 Jun 1;175(11):1120-8. Epub 2012 May 11.
- Yih WK, Kulldorff M, Fireman BH, Shui IM, Lewis EM, Klein NP, Baggs J, Weintraub ES, Belongia EA, Naleway A, Gee J, Platt R, Lieu TA. Active surveillance for adverse events: the experience of the Vaccine Safety Datalink project. Pediatrics. 2011 May;127 Suppl 1S54-64. Epub 2011 Apr 18.
- Yih WK, Deshpande S, Fuller C, Heisey-Grove D, Hsu J, Kruskal BA, Kulldorff M, Leach M, Nordin J, Patton-Levine J, Puga E, Sherwood E, Shui I, Platt R. Evaluating real-time syndromic surveillance signals from ambulatory care data in four states. Public Health Rep. 2010 Jan-Feb;125(1):111-20.
- Viñas MR, Tuduri E, Galar A, Yih K, Pichel M, Stelling J, Brengi SP, Della Gaspera A, van der Ploeg C, Bruno S, Rogé A, Caffer MI, Kulldorff M, Galas M, . Laboratory-based prospective surveillance for community outbreaks of Shigella spp. in Argentina. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. ; 7(12):e2521.