PopMedNet™ is a scalable and extensible open-source informatics platform designed to facilitate the creation and operation of distributed health data networks. PopMedNet™ enables simple, efficient creation and use of distributed data networks, through a set of tools and web-based services. It is optimized to facilitate distributed analyses of medical product safety, comparative effectiveness, quality, medical resource utilization, cost-effectiveness, and related population health activities.
Networks powered by PopMedNet include:
- Malenfant JM, Hochstadt J, Nolan B, Barrett K, Corriveau D, Dee D, Harris M, Herzig‐Marx C, Nair VP, Wyner Z, Brown JS. Cross‐Network Directory Service: Infrastructure to enable collaborations across distributed research networks. Learn Health Sys. 2019; 3:e10187. https://doi.org/10.1002/lrh2.1018712.
- Her QL, Malenfant JM, Malek S, Vilk Y, Young J, Li L, Brown J, Toh S. A Query Workflow Design to Perform Automatable Distributed Regression Analysis in Large Distributed Data Networks. . EGEMs (Wash DC). 2018; 6(1): 11, pp. 1–11. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5334/egems.209.
- Davies M, Erickson K, Wyner Z, Malenfant JM, Rosen R, Brown JS. Software-enabled Distributed Network Governance: The PopMedNet™ Experience. EGEMS (Wash DC). 2016 Mar 30;4(2):1213. DOI: http://doi.org/10.13063/2327-9214.1213.
- Vogel J, Brown JS, Land T, Platt R, Klompas M. MDPHnet: Secure, Distributed Sharing of Electronic Health Record Data for Public Health Surveillance, Evaluation, and Planning. Am J Public Health. 2014 December; 104(12): 2265–2270. Published online 2014 December. doi: 10.2105/AJPH.2014.302103
- Klann JG, Buck MD, Brown J, Hadley M, Elmore R, Weber GM, Murphy SN. Query Health: standards-based, cross-platform population health surveillance. J Am Med Inform Assoc. Jul-Aug 2014;21(4):650-6. doi: 10.1136/amiajnl-2014-002707. Epub 2014 Apr 3.
- Toh S, Platt R, Steiner JF, Brown JS. Comparative-effectiveness research in distributed health data networks. Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2011 Dec; 90(6):883-7. Epub 2011 Oct 26.
- Behrman RE, Benner JS, Brown JS, McClellan M, Woodcock J, Platt R. Developing the Sentinel System - A national resource for evidence development. NEJM. 2011 Feb; 364:498-499.
- Brown JS, Holmes JH, Shah K, Hall K, Lazarus R, Platt R. Distributed health data networks: A practical and preferred approach to multi-institutional evaluations of comparative effectiveness, safety, and quality of care. Medical Care 2010; 48 Suppl: S45-S51.
- Maro JC, Platt R, Holmes JH, Strom BL, Hennessy S, Lazarus R, Brown JS. Design of a national distributed health data network. Ann Intern Med 2009;151:341-4.